Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dave Koen


Meet Dave Koen , a fellow Etsy Texas Crafter and a very talented photographer .               Q: How long have you been into photography?


A: I have been photographing since since I was about 8 or 9 but when I really got into it was when my family got our first digital camera. It was the first time that I could shoot freely on a limited budget. The short answer is about five years.



Q: Do you have professional training or, are you self taught ?

A: Aside from a single high school photography class I am self taught. I've picked up a lot from mixing and matching styles of the photographs that I really admire.



Q: What are your favorite things to photograph?

A: Somehow I find myself photographing suburban and urban landscapes the most. Some would say it is a product of my surroundings but I claim that growing up the son of an architect has really influenced my photography.



Q: Is there anything else about yourself or your craft that you would like to tell?

A: Aside from my Etsy store I also have a Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davekoen) account where you can view my latest photographs. If you see an image that you would like to purchase don't hesitate to contact me. If you would like to visit Dave's Etsy shop , just click on the link in the title of this article .



                   

No comments: