Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Margarets World


Margarets World is a new Etsy shop but she is not new to creating art . She has loads of talent and experience . I ask her to tell me about herself and her work . This is what I learned ," I construct sculpture from found pieces of wood (not like driftwood, but scraps from wood projects).
I've been a working artist for about 40 years. I draw inspiration from everywhere- something I see or hear.
I studied at the University of South Florida and Penland School of Crafts in Penland, N.C.
I was a raku ceramist for 30 years. One day, I thought I would try something new, so I began constructing things from wood. I'm really enjoying the challenges involved in that, and of late, have expanded to collage which I also find very rewarding artistically." Just click on the title of this article to see more of her fantastic creations .

2 comments:

Simon said...

Nice artworks. Thanks for sharing.

Krazy Kate Designs said...

wonderful feature and I love the photograph you put up to show the work. Very creative.