Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Organic Stills


The following is an interview with the very talented owner of Organicstills.etsy ::
What is your name? Natalie Richards
What craft/art doyou make/create? My primary focus is photography, which I've been doing seriously for about 3-4 years now, but I've also been knitting and crocheting for about a year and absolutely love it! I like to dabble with other crafts, including jewelry making, decoupage, digital art etc. There are so many things I'd like to try! Where are you from? I grew up in England, which is where my parents still live, but moved out to California to go to college. I just love it out here and so I stayed.
How long have you been creating? I think I've been creating for almost as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, I used to cut up old rags to make clothing for my dolls. I didn't really craft all that much in high school and college, but really just picked it up again in the last few years...and now I think I'm in overdrive!!
Have you had special training or are you self taught? Most of my crafts are completely self-taught. My photography started with a 35mm point and shoot camera that didn't even have a zoom lens and I learned entirely from experimenting. One of my co-workers taught me to knit and crochet because we were starting a charity group here at work. I blame her entirely for my yarn obsession. =) Everything else I just pick up along the way. I love looking up new tutorials online and getting new crafty ideas from places like craftster.org.
Is there anything else that you would like to share ?I love being part of the handmade "revolution" and I am so grateful for sites like Etsy for giving artists an opportunity to show their work to the world, as well as connect with other artists. If you make something that you love, there is nothing better than to be able to share that with others! If you would like to see more of Natilie's work please visit her shop , http://organicstills.etsy.com or click on the link in this articles title .

No comments: